Head of Internal Control
“PASHA Bank” is looking for candidates to join our team as Head of Internal Control.
PASHA Bank is one of Azerbaijan’s leading corporate banks. Established in 2007, we offer all major financial services, including investment banking, trade financing and asset management to a range of clients, from large corporates to small and medium enterprises. The Bank works particularly closely with companies operating in the non-oil sectors of the economy, including agriculture, transportation, construction and retail, which are vital for helping Azerbaijan to diversify its economy.
Responsible for establishment and management of internal control function in bank, which includes providing assurance regarding the achievement of objectives related to Operations (effectiveness and efficiency), Reporting (reliability), and Compliance (Law and other regulations).
According to the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, the system of effective internal controls is a critical component of bank management and a foundation for the safe operation of banking organizations. A system of strong internal controls can help to ensure that the goals and objectives of a banking organization will be met, that the bank will achieve long-term profitability targets, and maintain reliable financial and managerial reporting. Such a system can also help to ensure that the bank will comply with laws and regulations as well as policies, plans, internal rules and procedures, and decrease the risk of unexpected losses or damage to the bank’s reputation.
• To build effective Internal Control function in bank in collaboration with Risk Management, Compliance, Internal Audit and other functions according to best international practices (Basel Committee BS, COSO) and focused to mid-long term strategic objectives of the bank.
• To establish Bank’s internal control framework and its integration to the management system
• To ensure procedures are in place to evaluate continuously whether each of the internal control components (Control Environment, Risk Assessment, Control Activities, Information and Communication, Monitoring Activities) are in place and internal controls are adequately in place within each component in order to maintain components.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
• Education: Bachelor degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or Law. MBA is highly preferable.
• Work experience: 10 years of related experience in compliance, auditing, and internal control systems, understanding of COSO and Basel requirements, 5 years of experience in management role, 3 years of experience in Banking industry.
• Foreign Language: English (fluent), Russian (fluent).
• License / Certificate: ACCA or CPA or CIMA or CIA or FRM is highly desirable.
• Computer Skills: MS Office (advanced).
• Analytical skills: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
• Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
• Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Communication skills: strong communication and negotiation skills, ability to assess and make preventive decisions independently and unbiased for the best interest of the highest standards, where necessary must be ready to coach and train the key stakeholders to equip the organization with solid control mechanisms.
• Conflict management and negotiation skills: ability to resolve conflicts, tense situations, bring parties to mutual understanding and agreement.
Interested Candidates please send your CV to [email protected] indicating “Head of Internal Control” in the subject line of your message. Otherwise, your candidacy will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.